AMERICAN ASTRONAUTICAL SOCIETY
Founded in 1954, the American Astronautical Society has long been recognized for the excellence of its national meetings, technical meetings, symposia and publications and for their impact on shaping the U.S. space program. Members have opportunities to meet with leaders in their field and in related disciplines, exchange information and ideas, discuss career aspirations and expand their knowledge and expertise.
The premier network of current and future space professionals dedicated to advancing all space activities.
AAS harnesses the energy of its diverse membership to:
- Strengthen and grow the space community,
- Increase awareness of and support for space activities,
- Advance the space community’s knowledge and understanding through the organization of events and the production of publications,
- Advance and promote research, development and implementation of space capabilities,
- Influence the development and implementation of space policy,
- Provide unique opportunities for networking among members and across space sectors,
- Promote international dialogue on space activities, and
- Inspire students to undertake space-related careers, while serving the professional needs and interests of its members.